Starting with RationalPlan 5.7 printing functionality is also available directly within the browser. The main views like Gantt chart, Portfolio and Timesheet can now also be printed from the web based interface.
RationalPlan is a project management software suite that is available either as stand alone products or as a cloud service. It is used by individuals and companies that need a solution to manage their work in an efficient way.
Features added for RationalPlan 5.7
- Added company placeholder for printing
- Updated integration with Dropbox
- Added printing in web interface for Gantt, Portfolio, WBS and Timesheet views
- Introduced currency settings for web interface
- Added support for repository download
- Fixed header height and row height synchronisation on Gantt chart
- Bug fix related to custom Data columns for tasks and resources
Starting with version 5.7 users that have a RationalPlan Cloud account or are using the web interface of RationalPlan Server will be able to print the main views directly from browser. This includes the Gantt chart, Portfolio, WBS and Timesheet views. However the printing will be limited and will not offer the full printing functionality that is available when using Planner+ client. But for a very fast and easy printout this feature will suit certain users needs.
The integration with Dropbox was updated to comply with Dropbox API v2. This make use of the OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol. The process is entirely transparent for RationalPlan users as the graphical interface remained the same and no additional action is required from their part.
At users requests it was added a company placeholder for the advanced printing module. This #Company placeholder is used in the header or footer of the print settings and is replaced at print time with the company actual name that was set in the project settings area.
Currency settings were added to the web client. Therefore, users can now adjust the currency for their projects directly from the browser by going to Administration area, Settings tab and then the Project settings area.
For those companies that want to add custom processing to the data that is available in RationalPlan and need to have access to the repository data, current version added the possibility to download the repository. The provided data will be filtered according to the access rights of the user that is asking them. For instance, a global Project Manager will have access to everything (projects, resources, clients etc.) while a simple Project Manager will have access only to the projects were he is assigned or responsible.
Besides the above features many other problems where solved: synchronisation on Gantt view between the table and the chart regarding header and row height, loading custom Data columns settings for tasks and resources and other minor issues.
RationalPlan is offered in two flavors
RationalPlan Cloud – a monthly payment project management solution offering a centralized place to manage the company’s projects while offering collaboration through concurrent access for multiple users; a Free tier is also available
RationalPlan On-Premise – a suite of products for those that prefer to have the software installed on their machines
- RationalPlan Single Project – an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
- RationalPlan Multi Project – project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
- RationalPlan Project Server – the On-Premise version of RationalPlan Cloud that can be installed on users hardware
- RationalPlan Project Viewer – a free project viewer, the solution for anyone to view projects details
About Stand By Soft
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management solution that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows users to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file.
Contact name: Crina Popescu
Address: Ion Maiorescu, No. 4, Proiect building, Craiova, Dolj, 200760, Romania
Latest posts by Tiberiu Ghioca (see all)
- RationalPlan 5.7 – Offers Printing Functionality from Browser - March 31, 2021
- RationalPlan 5.6 – Common Theme Across all Browsers and Improved Web Interface - October 28, 2020
- RationalPlan 5.5 Adds Kanban Board for Agile Project Management Needs - May 5, 2020