Stand By Soft is pleased to announce the release of RationalPlan version 4.7. Current version comes with many changes both on the core side and on the clients side: faster execution, improved reporting, better integration with the underlying operating system, improved critical path management and much more.
RationalPlan is a project management software that started as a desktop application designed to run on all major operating systems Windows, Linux and Mac OS X but it evolved to an embedded management system well suited for companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for this version:
- Possibility to use RationalPlan in full screen mode on Mac OS X
- Added possibility to save page printing settings
- Added #ProjectCode and #ClientAddress placeholders
- Possibility to insert a note with current date and time to project’s Notes
- Display the work load statistics also for assignments in Timesheet view
- Display assignment units near task bars on Gantt chart
- Added Reschedule Date and Responsible columns in Portfolio view
- Added the possibility to show all columns or to reset to defaults for tables
- Added more settings per application
- Possibility to manage (store, load, delete) application settings
- Export baselines in .xls format
- Added filters for Resources view
- Added individual slack per task and not only per project
- When computing the critical path also consider the MSO, MFO, SNLT and FNLT constraints, deadline dates and the percentage completion
- Reduced application loading and execution speed: start-up, scrolling, etc.
- Broken compatibility between RationalPlan Server and older RationalPlan Multi versions
The application execution speed was improved and starting with this version it runs smoother. Start-up time was significantly reduced and working with large data makes scrolling and dragging feel more natural.
Starting with Mac OS X Lion Apple added the possibility for applications to run in full screen mode. Although a little bit late RationalPlan products can now also be run in full screen. Users will have now more space hence it will be easier to manage data or to analyze the reports. (more…)