RationalPlan 5.0 is a major release that comes with new features for the web-based interface and a more powerful project scheduling engine. The product is now able to handle those types of project plans in which certain tasks need to be delayed as much as possible. On the other hand the web interface of both the Cloud service and the Server product gets improved with several features.
Users with licenses older than one year are entitled to upgrade them with a 50% discount.
RationalPlan is a project management software suite that is available either as stand alone products or as a project management cloud service. It is used by individuals and by companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for RationalPlan 5.0
RationalPlan can now handle As Late As Possible(ALAP) constraints for those tasks that need to to start as late as possible relative to the project end date. The entire scheduling engine was transformed to support this type of planning. Even the critical path detection algorithm was adjusted to comply with this major change.
Since certain parts of the application are depending on Java technology this major release also added support for Java 9 and Java 10. This is a big step forward to maintain the compatibility with the latest Java versions in order to avoid software vulnerabilities.
Starting with this release the developers of RationalPlan removed the support for the old .xrp files. This file type storage was deprecated and it is no longer being used.
For the online and server side segment:
- Critical path functionality
- Labels for task bars on Gantt chart
- A hover icon and a contextual menu for the task tree grid (Gantt & WBS)
- Project code and Client name within the email notifications
- Bug fix: do not show the work on tasks in web if the user does not have the rights to see the resources
- Bug fix: allow negative lags on web
- Bug fix: guard against non-working constraint dates for dependency driven tasks
- Bug fix: guard against the case when the project estimated start is non-working
For the On-Premise products:
- Added resource data filter and project status filter for Timesheet view
- In Timesheet view if a filter is applied for All projects then filter the resources
- Bug fix for Ukrainian translation
- Bug fix for budgets on Single version