RationalPlan 6 – Project Baselines, Reports, Clients Management, Improved Scheduling and Microsoft Project Integration
Stand By Soft launches RationalPlan 6 a new major version that comes with lots of new features and improvements especially for the web based interface. To be noted the possibility to work with baselines and Earn Value Management technique, generating reports, clients management, improved projects scheduling with timescales up to seconds, custom columns and new filters, data export etc. Compatibility with Microsoft Project files was also enhanced, while integration with Google Drive was updated to the latest V3 version.
The upgrade from RationalPlan 5 to RationalPlan 6 will be free for customers that have purchased the product in the last year. Older version 5 customers will be able to upgrade with a 50% discount.
RationalPlan is a project management software suite that is available either as stand alone products or as a cloud service. It is used by individuals and companies that need a solution to manage their projects in an efficient way.
New features in RationalPlan 6
- possibility to work with baselines and Earn Value Management technique when managing projects
- reports were added to Portfolio view: calendar report, resource assignments, costs, project info, task cost distribution, resource cost distribution, resource work distribution
- added project status column in Timesheet view and corresponding filter in My assignments view
- On-Premise products (Single and Multi) are now available within the Microsoft Store
- Clients view was added and also exporting clients to Excel
- updated “Tasks for resource…” filter to be able to filter for tasks without resources assigned
- added custom columns for Portfolio, Clients and Resources and a corresponding “not contains” filter
- added expand all/collapse all buttons in Gantt view and a level expand functionality
- improved the scheduling algorithm to keep the completion date when changing task duration
- export projects in several formats (.srp, .xml, .xls)
- updated Google Drive integration to V3
- added minutes/seconds timescale for micro-projects
- edit the task name directly within the tile component when working with task lists
- Improved compatibility with Microsoft Project
- Bug fix regarding ALAP constraints
- Bug fix: guard against milestones when computing the % complete to avoid division by 0 and hit NaN value
- Bug fix: do not allow to remove the last rate for a resource