Introducing Project Disciplines is hard work
Lots of companies find introducing project disciplines slow, difficult and not very exciting. Staff often show resistance and it can be hard to get buy in and commitment at executive level where other stuff is seen as more important or pressing.
Well here’s some good news. The best way to get some project disciplines in fast is to buy a project management package.
But before you get too excited and start reaching for the cheque book, you need to make sure that you chose the right package.
Choose the right project management software
Choose the right software and accompany it with a process for running projects and some training and you’re cooking on gas.
If you choose well, your project management package will do all of the following:
- Provide the means for project managers to produce plans and keep them up to date
- Capture time worked and optimise staff utilisation
- Capture and track financials
- Monitor project status and publish project status reports
- Facilitate executive level reporting on all of the above