RationalPlan 5.6 comes with a common theme for all browsers. Further more, the web interface added roll over actions for the Kanban board and task dependency management by direct typing within the Gantt table.
RationalPlan is a project management software suite that is available either as stand alone products or as a cloud service. It is used by individuals and companies that need a solution to manage their work in an efficient way.
Features added for RationalPlan 5.6
- Use a common theme across all browsers
- Added roll over actions on Kanban board
- Add task dependencies by direct typing them within the Gantt table
- Updated Mac OS X distributions to satisfy Apple security restrictions
Starting with version 5.6 the web interface uses the same graphical theme across all browsers including the most use ones: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, Safari. This way users will have the same familiarity feeling when using RationalPlan no matter to which browser they are migrating to. This also improves communication among team members that are working on different environments.
Kanban board was improved with the addition of contextual roll over actions. Hence users can manage their tasks faster: add resources, comments or get access to task details.
RationalPlan seeks to be an ergonomic product. Users should have the best comfort and efficiency in using it. And there are mouse type users that frequently use their mouse for taking actions and keyboard type users. For the latter case current version introduced the possibility to add task dependencies by direct typing them within the corresponding Gantt table. Just by entering the task ID a predecessor or successor is added. This is also useful in large projects where drag&drop actions by mouse is hard to perform.
Since RationalPlan offers products that also work on Mac OS X it is a must that they satisfy the Apple security restrictions. Hence current version also asks for customers approval when accessing for the first time their Desktop, Documents or Downloads folder.
Besides the above features many other problems where solved: correctly compute task IDs within the web interface, fix a mouse drag action within the Gantt chart for Edge browsers and other minor issues.
RationalPlan is offered in two flavors
RationalPlan Cloud – a monthly payment project management solution offering a centralized place to manage the company’s projects while offering collaboration through concurrent access for multiple users; a Free tier is also available
RationalPlan On-Premise – a suite of products for those that prefer to have the software installed on their machines
- RationalPlan Single Project – an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
- RationalPlan Multi Project – project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
- RationalPlan Project Server – the On-Premise version of RationalPlan Cloud that can be installed on users hardware
- RationalPlan Project Viewer – a free project viewer, the solution for anyone to view projects details
About Stand By Soft
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management solution that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows users to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file.
Contact name: Crina Popescu
Address: Ion Maiorescu, No. 4, Proiect building, Craiova, Dolj, 200760, Romania
Latest posts by Tiberiu Ghioca (see all)
- RationalPlan 5.7 – Offers Printing Functionality from Browser - March 31, 2021
- RationalPlan 5.6 – Common Theme Across all Browsers and Improved Web Interface - October 28, 2020
- RationalPlan 5.5 Adds Kanban Board for Agile Project Management Needs - May 5, 2020