RationalPlan 5.3 comes with new features for the web-based interface and adds support for opening Microsoft Project 2019 files. It adds more columns to Portfolio and Resources views, filters for tasks to Gantt view and more settings for the chart. It also adds calendars and special working days for tasks and resources.
RationalPlan is a project management software suite that is available either as stand alone products or as a cloud service. It is used by individuals and by companies that need a solution to manage their work in an efficient way.
Features added for RationalPlan 5.3 version
- Calendars and special working days for resources and tasks
- The possibility for resources to use the assigned task calendar
- Filters for tasks on Gantt view
- More columns for Portfolio view
- Custom columns for Resources view
- More settings for Gantt chart
- Display the list of projects for the current project combo in alphabetical order
- Support for opening MS Project 2019 files
Current version puts the accent on the development of the web interface. The Resources view added custom columns. These are needed to enter data that is not available within the predefined columns. Users can define working calendars and even special working days for a resource. Plus, resources can be forced to use the working calendar of the task on which they are assigned. This feature is useful when the project is late and certain tasks get a higher priority.
Portfolio view added new columns: project status, custom data columns and Earned Value Analysis related columns (CV, SV, CPI, SPI, ACWP, BCWP, BCWS). The latter columns are used by experienced project managers when dealing with earned value management techniques. For those that are more interested on this subject, the team behind RationalPlan prepared some short articles on Earned Value Management.
Gantt chart just got new visual features. Users can now display orientation lines for the project start date, end date, estimated start date, reschedule date and current date. Depending on the preferences they can show or hide horizontal or vertical grid lines, the task selection from the table or even task dependencies.
As for resources, you can also define for tasks custom working calendars and even special working days. At users request RationalPlan also added filtering options. As a result, this eases the management of tasks because you can focus only on certain task categories.
The current project select item presents the list of projects from the company in alphabetical order. Hence, it offers an easier identification of projects when working with a large portfolio.
Starting with version 5.3 RationalPlan is also capable to open Microsoft Project 2019 files.
RationalPlan is offered in two flavors:
RationalPlan Cloud – a monthly payment project management solution offering a centralized place to manage the company’s projects while offering collaboration through concurrent access for multiple users; a Free tier is also available
RationalPlan On-Premise – a suite of products for those that prefer to have the software installed on their machines
- RationalPlan Single Project – an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
- RationalPlan Multi Project – project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
- RationalPlan Project Server – the On-Premise version of RationalPlan Cloud that can be installed on users hardware
- RationalPlan Project Viewer – a free project viewer, the solution for anyone to view projects details
About Stand By Soft
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management solution that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows users to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file.
Contact name: Crina Popescu
Address: Aleea Parului, Nr.4A, Craiova, Dolj, 200346, Romania
Latest posts by Tiberiu Ghioca (see all)
- RationalPlan 5.3 – Improved Web Interface and Support for Opening Microsoft Project 2019 Files - September 18, 2019
- RationalPlan 5.2 – Additional Columns for Tasks and Multiple Cost Rates for Resources - May 28, 2019
- RationalPlan 5.0 – Improved Web Interface and a Stronger PM Scheduling Engine - November 2, 2018