Stand By Soft is pleased to announce the release of version 4.8 for RationalPlan project management suite. Current version comes with significant changes that will certainly help users: Hungarian language was added, Ubuntu integration, support for Earned Value Analysis, tasks distribution in Timesheet view, improved filtering and many other features.
RationalPlan is a project management suite that started as a desktop application designed to run on all major operating systems – Windows, Linux and Mac OS X – but it evolved into an embedded management system that is now available even as a cloud service both for individuals and for companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for this version:
- Added possibility for Earned Value Analysis – including CV, SV, CPI, SPI, ACWP, BCWP, BCWS related values
- Better integration with Ubuntu
- The products are now also available in Hungarian
- Tomcat 8 compatibility for the On Premise solution
- Added tasks distribution in Timesheet view
- More work on filters
- Also export data to Microsoft Project .xml format when working with the Server
- Also export the reschedule date to .xls
- Changes related to email notifications for resources
- Added information about documents on tasks in the Info column
- Compatibility with Google Calendar – updated libraries for iCalendar integration
- Project import into Server should not be done if you do not have rights to add projects, resources, calendars and clients
At multiple users requests it was added the possibility to perform Earned Value Analysis. Users are now able to work with well known entities like CV, SV, CPI, SPI, ACWP, BCWP, BCWS. For those that are more interested on this subject, the team behind RationalPlan prepared some short tutorials on Earned Value Management. (more…)