RationalPlan version 4.1 is out. In this release were added some new features requested by users while others were improved: a customizable subject can now be used when sending emails with assignments to resources, more fields were added when exporting to spreadsheets, improved reporting and a faster way to establish the project workflow and to create dependencies.
RationalPlan is a project management software created to serve many types of users starting from novice project managers, users that need an environment to handle multiple projects and up to companies that need a server solution with concurrent access. It has been developed to help project managers keep their projects on time and within budget.
Changes in RationalPlan 4.1:
- added notes to risks on Project Info report
- added more fields when exporting to Excel
- a faster way to establish the project workflow and to create dependencies
- added customizable subject when sending emails with assignments to resources
- use auto completion for clients combo box in Project Info view
- bug fix related to importing projects to Server
- bug fix for computing total actual/remaining costs in Timesheet table
- bug fix – scroll to the start of the project on chart each time the current project changes
At many users requests now it is possible to establish the project workflow and create dependencies between tasks by directly typing predecessors or successors IDs in the task table while in Gantt view. This way users have several possibilities to create dependencies: by dragging a link with the mouse from the predecessor to successor task, by going to Details and then to Predecessors or Successors tab (introduce predecessors either by typing the name or the ID, set link type, lag etc.) or directly typing into the corresponding column from Gantt chart.
When it comes to sending emails to resources with their assignments it is useful to have that email customized. This is now possible in RationalPlan where the project manager can change not just the content of the email but also the subject. This will help to faster identify specific emails from a large list or even better to filter emails about a specific project.
Regarding exporting data from RationalPlan things were improved a little bit: more fields are exported to spreadsheets (Excel, OpenOffice etc) and reports on risks were changed to also include risk notes. Other minor problems were also solved.
RationalPlan suite includes:
RationalPlan Single – an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
RationalPlan Multi – project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
RationalPlan Viewer – free project management software viewer, the solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details
RationalPlan Server – a centralized place to manage the company’s projects while offering concurrent access to different users
About Stand By Soft
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management software that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows you to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file.
Contact name: Lucian Ioan
Address: Aleea Parului, Nr.4A, Craiova, Dolj, 200346, Romania
Latest posts by Tiberiu Ghioca (see all)
- RationalPlan 5.3 – Improved Web Interface and Support for Opening Microsoft Project 2019 Files - September 18, 2019
- RationalPlan 5.2 – Additional Columns for Tasks and Multiple Cost Rates for Resources - May 28, 2019
- RationalPlan 5.0 – Improved Web Interface and a Stronger PM Scheduling Engine - November 2, 2018