RationalPlan 5.8 comes with several improvements when managing tasks using the task lists view: task tiles can be moved from one list to another using mouse drag actions, task drag tracker and drop position hint is more visible and users have a context menu for quick actions. This version also comes with a pulsing hint mini-guide to help users navigate the main views of the application.
RationalPlan is a project management software suite that is available either as stand alone products or as a cloud service. It is used by individuals and companies that need a solution to manage their work in an efficient way.
Features added for RationalPlan 5.8
- Added contextual menu for task tiles
- Added mouse drag & drop actions for tasks between lists
- Use a more suggestive drag tracker for tasks
- Added better task drop hint
- Added a pulsing hint and mini-guide
Starting with version 5.8 users that like to manage projects using lists of tasks will benefit from several improvements. Task tiles can now be moved from one list to another using mouse drag actions. This offers a fast way to reorganise tasks within and between lists.
The drag tracker for tasks uses a more suggestive graphical component so that users will better understand what task they are dragging at one time. Also the drop position hint is more visible using a horizontal line that will indicate where the task will be dropped within the list of tasks.
For a quick access to the actions available for a task tile a mouse over icon was also added. This offers a contextual menu for tasks so users can perform fast actions on the current task.
For the first time users that just created a RationalPlan Cloud account and are not familiar with the interface we have designed a mini-guide in the form of a pulsing icon. Once the user crosses over that icon a small message hint appear explaining what that area does.
The interface was reorganised such that to become lighter and easier to navigate. All the project related views like the Project Info, Assumptions and Constraints, Notes and Risks were removed from the main views of the Project Guide and were moved to the details area of the Portfolio view.
Besides the above features many other smaller problems and bugs where solved.
RationalPlan is offered as two solutions
RationalPlan Cloud – a monthly payment project management solution offering a centralised place to manage the company’s projects while offering collaboration through concurrent access for multiple users; a Free tier is also available
RationalPlan On-Premise – a suite of products for those that prefer to have the software installed on their machines
- RationalPlan Single Project – an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
- RationalPlan Multi Project – project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
- RationalPlan Project Server – the On-Premise version of RationalPlan Cloud that can be installed on users hardware
- RationalPlan Project Viewer – a free project viewer, the solution for anyone to view projects details
About Stand By Soft
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialised in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management solution that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows users to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file.
Contact name: Crina Popescu
Address: Ion Maiorescu, No. 4, Proiect building, Craiova, Dolj, 200760, Romania
Latest posts by Tiberiu Ghioca (see all)
- RationalPlan 6.1 – New Timescales in Gantt Chart, Easier Documents Management, Improved Microsoft Project Integration - September 19, 2023
- RationalPlan 6 – Project Baselines, Reports, Clients Management, Improved Scheduling and Microsoft Project Integration - October 4, 2022
- RationalPlan Takes Measures Against Russian Military Actions - March 14, 2022