RationalPlan – Project Viewer
View in a dynamic way the content of any project – free
Usually project managers plan and control the projects from start to end and make the necessary changes. However, there are some other people (like project stakeholders) that have to check and overview the projects' evolution into their smallest detail. In this aim we developed a Project Viewer that can be freely distributed.
- connects to RationalPlan Project Server
- it opens files created either with Single Project or Multi Project version
- all original views and data are available
- export to other formats and printing are active
- view/hide critical path command is enabled
- open MS Project files (*.mpp, *.mpx, *.xml) so you can view them for free
- last but not least you can have an unlimited number of free installations
Bright Hub Editor
In terms of a comparison to MS Project, I think RationalPlan is superb and I actually recently recommended the application to one company that I work with because of its capabilities in that arena.