Resources

General discussions about project management software

Resources

Postby BetterHomes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 am

Is it possible to import or copy Resources from one project to another or have your resources kept across all projects?
BetterHomes

Re: Resources

Postby tiberiu » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:25 am

If you are using RationalPlan Multi then the resources are per company and are shared across all projects. If you are using the Single product and you have this need then you should upgrade to Multi.
tiberiu

Postby BetterHomes » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 am

I am using Multi, and thought I had set them up (about 20) in a template I created . But when I created a new project the resources tab was empty. I didn't copy the template to start the new task (first mistake) but thought having entered the resources that the program may have saved them.
BetterHomes

Postby lucian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 am

When using the Multi version, normally you don't need a file for each project but rather a file will contain all your projects. To switch from one project to another simply select your current project from the drop-box at the top of the screen, resources are of course shared by all projects by default.

If you do need a new repository of projects then you can create a new file ... If you also need to import your resources into this new repository then you can either go to menu Project/Import project..., get the full stuff from your template (or project) and then delete what you don't need
lucian

Return to Project Management Software