Printing Gant Chart

Having trouble installing RationalPlan? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

Printing Gant Chart

Postby BetterHomes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 am

Hi, I have just started using RationalPlan. I am trying to create a large chart for a project with multiple dwellings. It becomes a rather large file which may have over 500 lines. My problem is I can only print to an A3 printer. I tried to get around this by printing to a virtual printer, sizing the page to A1. But with my early attempts the file was massive upwards of 1.5Gb in colour and 1G in b&w. Can someone offer some advice?
BetterHomes

Re: Printing Gant Chart

Postby tiberiu » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am

What kind of virtual printer are you using?
tiberiu

Postby BetterHomes » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 am

I downloaded a programm "Bullzip PDF Printer".
BetterHomes

Postby lucian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:33 am

Don't know about this "Bullzip PDF Printer" but normally you should go to Print Preview and there customize your printer, paper size, etc then print as a .pdf
lucian

Postby BetterHomes » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 am

Thanks that's much better.
BetterHomes

Postby tomhad » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 am

:evil:

I have the same problem I am trialling single user in order to decide if I buy the product.
I have opened a MPP fiel with quite alot of activities . I can see them in the Ganttt view however when I try to preview using Nuance PDF and A3 it does not work.

Is RationalPlan a fully tested product or are there know issues and is there a list of these issues.

If I buy the multiproject version do I get upgrades and bug fixes ?
tomhad

Postby lucian » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Not sure what "Nuance PDF" is but you should be able to print to .pdf from the Print Preview window ... And you should also be able to set any of the formats that your printers support (you can also set a virtual printer by using the "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" which will allow a large number of formats). Then of course you should be able to see the .pdf with the regular Adobe Viewer.
Make sure you are using the latest version of RationalPlan which is now 4.2.1
We're testing here with large formats like A2 for example and it works just fine ... If it still won't work for you please send an email to support (maybe send your project if you can so they can send you back the .pdf for it)
lucian

Return to Common Problems