Resource Sheet Presentation

Do you need help related to existing features or need a new feature? This is the place where you can tell about it.

Resource Sheet Presentation

Postby jefftb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that resources (and their values) are integral to each project and are not a separate data file. I assume this means that for each project the entire Resources Data file will be presented for each and every project.

For example assume that there are 100 entries in the data file for both materials and human/equipment. Whether a project only uses 30 of these entries or 75 of these discrete entries, when you click the Resource Sheet Tab the project will list all 100 entries even though you only used 30 of those.

It'd be nice if the project presentation report only included the Resources used for that project. We'd like to see only the resources selected for that project and exclude any non used resources for that project.
jefftb

Re: Resource Sheet Presentation

Postby lucian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:20 pm

With Multi resources can be shared between projects (you can use the same resources across several projects).
You can simply create different .xrp files for projects which don't have common resources (each pool of projects (.xrp file) with its own resources)
lucian

Postby jefftb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Not sure if I understand what you are stating. See if I have this straight as the most efficient process.

I create a project file and call it Master Project File. In that .xrp project file I create or enter all of my resources (human/machine/materials). Let's say I get the list Resources up to 250 entries.

Now, I begin work on a new small project, Project ABC. Project ABC created only used 25 of those Resource entries. Do I need to delete the unused 225 Resource entries and save?

The Master Project File would only be reserved (in my case) as purely for a Resource data file.
jefftb

Postby lucian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:42 pm

If you won't share these resources with other projects (so you don't need leveling across multiple projects) then is safe enough to delete unused resources and go to menu "File/Save as ..." and save this project as a separate file. This is could be one way to work with the program. We're also planning a resource filter for the future, one option would be to have resources filtered by the current project, would that help you ?
lucian

Postby jefftb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Resources filtered by the current project would be preferred.
jefftb

Postby lucian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback
lucian

Postby jefftb » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:11 pm

along with filtering out the unused resources, it would be very, very good if the resources that are used could be grouped and broken down for each WBS item group. I'm a utility contractor, I'd like to be able to track costs for each WBS item since we might have numerous WBS items. It'd be nice to know we are at 35% on this task and say 85% on the other along with the costs used and remaining for those.

It might be in there but I have not figured out how to do that.
jefftb

Return to Features discussions