Resource report

Do you need help related to existing features or need a new feature? This is the place where you can tell about it.

Resource report

Postby dklopping » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Is there a way to print a report for all resources for a specific period of time? I see where you can print a report for individual resources showing all tasks. I would like to have a single report that shows all the assignments for the week broken down into each days assignments.

Thanks
dklopping

Re: Resource report

Postby tiberiu » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Let me see if I get it right... You want to see the list of tasks assigned to all resources within a given week period? That is:
  • - for Monday there are these tasks that need to be completed by these resources
  • - for Sunday there are these tasks that need to be completed by these resources

Or the time period can be variable like from 1 March 2012 to 22 March 2012 and for each day in this interval to have the above details?

A picture of what you want to achieve would help a lot...

Tibi
tiberiu

Postby dklopping » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 pm

I've attached a sample of what I'm looking for (created from MS Project). The Gantt portion is not needed. Basically, it's a list of what each resource is working on for the upcoming week, grouped by project. Let me know if you can come up with a way to output this infromation.

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
sample.jpg
sample.jpg (125.21 KiB) Viewed 9117 times
dklopping

Postby tiberiu » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Yes you can do that but they will not be grouped by project. Just go to Gantt view, arrange the columns as you need (Task name, Start, End and Resource Name and hide the others), then use the "Date range" filter for the desired week and hit Print preview.

You can also hide the chart by pressing the small arrow from the split and it will not show up anymore on Print preview. Please note that if you want to see all tasks from all projects and not just for the current one you need to change the "Current project" combo box on "All projects".

Does that solve your problem?
Tibi
tiberiu

Postby dklopping » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm

That works for viewing it on the screen but how do I print it? I can do a print scree, but that's rather cumbersome.

Thanks,

Dave
dklopping

Postby tiberiu » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

From the "Print preview" mode you can print it using a printer or as .pdf file. See the icons from the toolbar of the "Print preview" frame.

Tibi
tiberiu

Postby dklopping » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

That method prints the Gantt chart as well and I end up with 34 pages of mostly empty Gantt chart sheets (2 sheets show the tasks and assignments which is all I need). I set the date range in the print preview and is still prints the Gantt out 4 months. Is there a setting I'm not seeing that disables printing the Gant?

Thanks,

Dave
dklopping

Postby tiberiu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 am

dklopping wrote:That method prints the Gantt chart as well and I end up with 34 pages of mostly empty Gantt chart sheets (2 sheets show the tasks and assignments which is all I need).

I told you in a previous post that you can hide the chart part:
tiberiu wrote:You can also hide the chart by pressing the small arrow from the split

Here is a screen shot of those arrows:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (23.06 KiB) Viewed 9106 times

If you hide the chart part then it will not show up anymore and only the table part will be present.

Tibi
tiberiu

Postby dklopping » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am

Ah, I missed that. That's perfect. Thanks for all your help.

Dave
dklopping

Postby mare » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:03 am

Is there a way to sort this by starting date? Basically, what I want is a chronological list of when tasks are supposed to start, possibly grouped by (human) resources.

Thanks!
mare

Next

Return to Features discussions