Resource Sheet hour/day

Do you need help related to existing features or need a new feature? This is the place where you can tell about it.

Resource Sheet hour/day

Postby rama » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am

Hi,
I'm testing your software.
For my company it is important to see the workload of each resource in days. Is it possible to change the unit of the resources in the Resource Sheet from hours to days?

Thanks
rama

Re: Resource Sheet hour/day

Postby lucian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Simply change the time scale (either the zoom button at the toolbar or right-click on the timescale and select zoom or, even a quicker one, Ctrl-Mouse Roll if you're on Windows :) )
lucian

Postby rama » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:56 pm

That wasn't my problem.
At the Resource Sheet I can see how many hours the resource is assigned an how many it is availiable. I want to change the unit of the resource from hour to day.
For example the resource A is five days assigned and 15 days available in w37, instead of 35 hours assigned and 105 hours availabe in w37.
rama

Postby lucian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Hmm ... I think I only now understand your request :)
That would not be a difficult thing to implement, it would simply require us to divide the hours to the number of hour per day to get the number of days ...
The main problem would rather be how to name this option (show workload in days instead of hours at the Timesheet) as it is a very particular requirement (we never had this request so far and there are thousands of user, all seems to prefer hours as that is more accurate, a day could mean different thing, maybe 24h for some, maybe 7.5 hours for others, etc.)
Are you a customer already or just testing the application ?
lucian

Return to Features discussions