Upgrade project - dinamic allocation of resources

Do you need help related to existing features or need a new feature? This is the place where you can tell about it.

Upgrade project - dinamic allocation of resources

Postby Cablazuntes » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi guys,
I'm currently evaluating this software and it really seems a very good software, but I didn't understand if it is able to manage a dinamic allocation of resources day by day set on a task while the project is going on... I'll try to explain it;
for example, I have a baseline that's just a task of 4 days whit 3 kinds of different resources (human) set on it, upgrading the task, at the end of 4 days it has happened that on day 1,day 2, day 4 the resources set on it have been all the 3 ones, on day 3 the resources set on it has been only 2 of 3.
Is this software able to menage it setting resources on task day by day in the upgrade form? Can it compare the real develop of the project with the baseline?

Thanks a lot for your help.

P.S. I'm sorry for my english! ;)
Cablazuntes

Re: Upgrade project - dinamic allocation of resources

Postby lucian » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 am

What you can do in this scenario is to simply break the task into several parts and update allocation of resources per parts (in your case, delete the first resource from the middle part). You will still be able to see the broken task on one line while you can reassign resources on parts as explained
lucian

Postby Cablazuntes » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks a lot lucian for your answar, I tried the solution you supposed and it works, of course if resourses of a task are very variables this procedure isn't so fast and easy as I hoped.
Another problem I found is on the overtime job, I can set the value of the ordinary job and overtime (for example €/hour), but when the software calculates the cost of this resource of a task it supposes all the hours worked as ordinary job even if there's overtime (for ex. I've set a calendar of 8h/day as ordinary job but I set on a task 9h/day of work, the application calculates the cost considering 9h/day but all as ordinary job instead 8h/day as ordinary and 1h/day as overtime). Anyone can help me in this sense?

Thanks and be patient with my english! ;)
Cablazuntes

Postby lucian » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 pm

So you think you have found a bug related to overtime costs ? Honestly I think it calculates correctly :) but please send us to support a simple project where you think there is a problem computing costs.
lucian

Postby Cablazuntes » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:01 pm

lucian I'm sure there's not a bug about overtime costs but it's me, I didn't understand how to do it... I've done a simple project and I'm going to send it to support.
However thank you very much for your help.
Cablazuntes

Return to Features discussions