Starting with RationalPlan 4.15 the Projects dashboard for the web client is out of beta, the process of adding resources was simplified and the performance of Timesheet view was improved. Additionally it was added the possibility to read Microsoft Project 2016 files and more.
RationalPlan started as an easy to use and straightforward project management software but it evolved into an embedded and powerful system that is now available even as a project management cloud service both for individuals and for companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for this version
For the online and server side segment:
- Projects dashboard is out of beta
- Simplified process for adding resources
- Performance improvements for Timesheet view
For the On-Premise products:
- Added support for MS Project 2016 files
- Updated to Dropbox API 2.0
- Introduced week numbering since project start
- Added task highlighter in Portfolio view
- Send assignments by email only for currently selected project
- Bug fix for computing the critical path
- Bug fix for daylight saving time
After a prolonged period of testing, even on customers side, the Projects dashboard is out of beta. This means the web-based interface for managing projects and resources is stable and users can now safely use it as a complementary solution to the Planner+ client. For those that do not need all the advanced planning features of the Planner+ client and just require a lighter interface, the Projects dashboard is the right choice. Even more this offers the advantage of concurrent access from multiple users at a more granular level. Each change a user makes is saved automatically and the interface gets updated to all the other users in real time. Read the rest of this entry »