Gantt Charts, Timesheets, Working Calendars – Project Planning in Just Minutes with RationalPlan 4.12
The latest version 4.12 for RationalPlan comes with a significant improvement for online project planning. Users can now manage their projects directly from a web-browser. In just a few minutes everything is set including project details, working calendars, task planning and scheduling, resource definition and work allocation and the final step: time and cost tracking.
RationalPlan started as an easy to use and straightforward project management software but it evolved into an embedded and powerful system that is now available even as a project management cloud service both for individuals and for companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for this version
For the online and server side segment the users will get:
- Improved web-based project management module
- Timesheets with work and cost distribution
- Calendars to define the working time
- Possibility to add links and attach documents on tasks
- Possibility to import projects
Changes for the stand alone products:
- HDPI images for Windows
- Support for Retina display on Mac
- Faster speed for computing the project critical path
- Added baseline columns
- Work with multiple rates per resource
- Improved integration with MS© Project 2013 files
Doing project management online has the advantage of making things easier with a web-based interface. There is no need to install and configure anything and users have access to the system from any browser as long as they have an Internet connection. All it requires is to create an account.
Read the rest of this entry »